JACoW Conference Organizers and Editors
JACoW team members fill a variety of roles with different responsibilities, all of which contribute to the JACoW website, the JACoW collaboration, and ultimately to the sharing of research and development in the accelerator community. This section contains information to help conference editors, organizers, and IT staff successfully meet those responsibilities.
Summary of JACoW.org Updates for 2017
- Most updates were to the Organizers section (~230 pages), which was renamed Organizers/Editors (more comprehensive, will fit in the top menu now).
- Section was reorganized to be more task oriented, especially SPMS "how-to" pages, which were based on SPMS directory structure.
- More instructional text was added to link tasks and make processes more coherent (some from previous team meeting presentations, some new).
- Section has new, shorter menus and submenus that allow more flexibility in naming page links.
- All SPMS-related information was gathered into an SPMS Manual, which contains everything from how to request an SPMS instance to installation, parameter setup, and instructions for each module.
- All IT-related information--software, hardware, scripts, setup, etc.--is in one place at All Things IT.
- Information formerly in the Tools section in the top menu was incorporated into the organizers/editors section (to condense information and reduce redundancy).
- New "Hosting a JACoW Conference" section, which ranges from how JACoW functions to detailed scaling information for smaller conferences. See links at left. This is essential reading for JACoW newcomers.
- A topical index was added for just the Organizers/Editors section.
If you can't find what you're looking for or have suggestions, please contact Charlie Horak , web content manager. If you have questions/comments on a specific page or topic, email the contact listed for that page.